I always have all the best intentions with resolutions, and by the end of the year I often just feel guilty about how much I didn’t accomplish resolution wise. Life happens and has its own agenda sometimes, but I still feel it’s a good way to start the year.
So here you go blog-land, for the sake of some accountability, my resolutions:
* Get organized! Honestly guys, I love organizing… It may not seem like if if you’ve ever been to my house. But I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to organizational ideas. But this goes beyond organizing my home, yes I will be doing more of that too, the business needs an organizational makeover. So be ready for some changes as I make an effort to streamline this business a bit and gain some much needed time back for life outside dog training, so I can be a better trainer for you all.
* Get the dogs into the field for some birds, hunting has been put on the back burner too long. These pups aren’t getting any younger, it’s time I make a point to get them out doing more of what they love.
* Advanced Canine Good Citizen test for both pups. This one should be pretty easy with a little brush up for the old farts, but it’s a nice way to keep us active in continuing to grow together.
Want to learn more about Canine Good Citizen tests? Visit AKC’s site, there may be a class or evaluator near you who can help. If you are local feel free to contact us to help get your dog ready for a test too.
* Read more dog books, seriously there are so many great ones out there. Do you have some favorites I should check out?
* And here is the hardest one guys…. blog more. I have said this for years but it needs to happen. I just need to find a way to jot down my ideas before I forget them. Does anyone else have a problem with brilliant ideas coming to them in the shower, in the car, while walking endlessly trying to get your little one to sleep? The struggle is real, so feel free to remind me to blog if it’s been a while. Or better yet tell me what you would like to know more about topic wise.
So there you have it, maybe this will be the year for kicking resolution butt and taking names finally.
In anycase it’s going to be a good year.
What are your goals and plans for this year?